Sunday, September 23, 2007

3 Musketeers Mint

My CEA partner got a new candy bar for me. An offering from the M&M Mars candy company, the 3 Musketeers Mint. IMHO the orignial 3 Musketeers candy bar isn't terribly exciting. If offered one I don't turn it down, but I've never thought to myself, "I could really go for a 3 Musketeers." I think this opinion is pretty wide spread as I have never heard anyone else say this either, nor has any one asked me to pick up a 3 Musketeers when making a candy run. I think the 3 Musketeers are aware of this reputation as they are marketing the bar as a "lite" candy bar. The message seems to be, "Hey its not the best candy bar, but it fits on your diet."

The mint version is considerably smaller that the regular bar (about 42% smaller), and there are two pieces in the pack. I am not exactly sure why it comes in two pieces, may be so you can eat one now and save one for later. I don't eat candy that way, so it just leaves me scratching my head.

Over all I found the 3 Musketeer's Mint much the same as the original. Not bad candy, just not great candy. I suppose the mint flavor makes it slightly more interesting, but I can think of a half dozen other ways to get a chocolate mint fix. 3 out of 5 cavities.

No comments: